1993 _ graduated from S.S. Orbeliani State Pedagogical University, faculty of Natural Sciences, Chemistry and Biology specialization (With honors). 1997 _ graduated from the same University postgraduate studies. 1998 _ defended a Candidate (PhD) and 2003 _ Doctoral dissertations. She is the author of more than 70 published scientific works, monograph, manual as well as the author of three educational–virtual programs in Chemistry and Biochemistry. She authored over 200 scientific-popular articles in chemistry.
2017 for chemistry popularization she was awarded with the Special Medal of the Moldovan Academy of Sciences and Chemical Society.
From 2017 till now every Autumn and Spring, she has active collaboration with the Science Popularization Center of Eskisehir ( Turkey), where she conducts special workshops for chemistry teachers and students.
She graduated from the secondary faculty Journalism specialization and published in many newspapers.
1998-2003 _ Docent (Senior teacher) of the Faculty of Natural Sciences at S.S. Orbeliani State Pedagogical University. 2003-2005 _ Professor at the same University. She was a member of the Scientific Council of the mentioned University and in 2000-2005 she served as the Head of the Department of Postgraduate Studies.
At Ilia State University she works from 2006, first at the faculty of life sciences, then the faculty of Science and Art and nowadays she is Associate Professor Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering. She manages courses in Chemistry and Biochemistry direction (Bachelor and Master level).
The main research area-chemistry, didactic of chemistry, History of chemistry.
She is expert of chemistry and author in the internet journal “Maststsavlebeli” (The Teacher).
She is technical editor of “Southern Brazilian Journal of Chemistry” and editorial member of “Tchê Química” and “SCIREA Journal of Chemistry”.
Scientific interests / research interests
- Chemistry, Ecologycal Chemistry, Didactic of Chemistry, Hystory of Chemistry
- Kupatadze. 2017. POPULAR SCIENCE ARTICLES FOR CHEMISTRY TEACHING; Orbital: The Electronic Journal of Chemistry;2016; Vol.9. #3 http://www.orbital.ufms.br/index.php/Chemistry/issue/archive
- K. Kupatadze. 2017. ECOLOGYCAL CHEMISTRY FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF DIDACTICS. EDUCATION SCIENCE. V.1. #1. http://jes.org.ge/number/10/article/41/
- Купатадзе К. Т. 2017. ХИМИЯ В НАУЧНО- ПОПУЛЯРНЫХ СТАТЬЯХ; ОБЩЕСТВО И ЛИЧНОСТЬ: ГУМАНИСТИЧЕСКИЕ ТЕНДЕНЦИИ В РАЗВИТИИ СОВРЕМЕННОГО ОБЩЕСТВА (ПАМЯТИ ПРОФЕССОРА Е.Н. ШИЯНОВА); МАТЕРИАЛЫ VМЕЖДУНАРОДНОЙ НАУЧНО-ПРАКТИЧЕСКОЙ КОНФЕРЕНЦИИ; Сборник научных статей преподавателей, обучающихся вузов, научно-практических работников. Стр . 208-212.
- K. Kupatadze, D. Malazonia. 2017. Overview of Peculiarities of Natural Science and Chemistry Teaching in the Half od nineteenth and in Early Twentieth Century in Georgia; Journal Tchê Química. #28. 2017. http://www.journal.tchequimica.com/
- K. Kupatadze, D.Malazonia :The Overview of Chemical knowledge in Eighteenth Century Georgia according to the Chemistry Book by King Vakhtang VI: Orbital: The Electronic Journal of Chemistry;2016; Vol.8. #3 p. 204-210. http://www.orbital.ufms.br/index.php/Chemistry/issue/view/45/showToc
- K. Kupatadze, B. Kiziloz; NATURAL TREATMENT SYSTEMS FROM THE POINT OF DIDACTICS. PERIÓDICO TCHÊ QUÍMICA,2016,#26 p.69 http://www.deboni.he.com.br/Periodico26.pdf
- K.Kupatadze; B. Kiziloz, THE IMPACT OF “WASTENET PROJECT” ON THE ECOLOGY OF TURKEY AND GEORGIA, PERIÓDICO TCHÊ QUÍMICA, 2015, #23
- K. Kupatadze, G.Begadze, M. Gvertsiteli , History of Chemistry and Scientific Tourism as a Means to Increase Students Motivation to Learn Chemistry, Journal Tchê Química. #22. August 2014.
- Ketevan Kupatadze, HOW TO MAKE LESSONS OF CHEMISTRY MORE UNDERSTENDING AND EASY (ON AN EXAMPLE OF CONCRETE PROGRAM). PERIÓDICO Tchê QuímicaVol. 10 N. 19,2013.
- Ketevan Kupatadze, Using a Computer Program to Illustrate the Lessons of Chemistry. The Result-Motivated Pupils. Fall 2012 CCCE Newsletter.
- Ketevan Kupatadze, Information Technologies in Service of Chemistry Teaching. Rivista CnS: Speciale n.3-2012. p.191-195. Societa Chimica Italiana.
- K.Kupatadze. M. Gverdtsiteli. Theoretical Investigation of Gakhokidze’s Rearrangment of Carbohydrates within the Scope of Mathematical Chemistry and Quantum Chemistry. Journal of Biological Physics and Chemistry,#3. 2010.
- “Aluminibus et Salibus… keep in Secret”, Collection of popular scientific articles in Chemistry. 2017. Publishing house “Triasi”.
- „Is Love a Chemistry?“, Collection of Scientific-Popular Articles. Publishing House „The Universal“, 2014.
- „General Biochemistry“, Laboratory works, Publishing House „Yota“ 2006.
- „Virtual Learning“, The Monograph, Publishing House „The Universal“, 2009.
- „Virtual Chemistry“, Educational-Virtual Program; 2009.
- „Virtual Biochemistry“, Educational-Virtual Program; 2003.
Articles in newspapers
Scientific-Popular Articles in Chemistry, Internet Journal “Maststcavlebeli” (Teacher) :
An extensive list of publications
- NATO SPS Program project (2020- 2023) -“Network for alerting and managing publicsafety and resilience – REACT”; Co-Director from Georgian side.https://iliauni.edu.ge/en/iliauni/units/developmentoffice/siaxleebi/network-for-alerting-and-managing-public-safety-and-resilience-react.page ( http://kartuli.kvira.ge/)
- Euro-variety in Chemistry Education , Popular Science articles as the auxiliary method for chemistry teaching for non-chemist students,
- Prato Center, Monash University , 17-19 July, 2019, https://www.monash.edu/eurovariety-2019
- SCIREA Journal of Chemistry- Member of the scientific board; From 2019.
- SOUTHERN BRAZILIAN JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY- Member of the scientific board and Technical Editor from 2018.
- Workshop for Georgian Teachers-“Water-The blood of The Earth”, “Historical Experiments” 2019, Mart . Exsperimentorium,Tbilis.
- Workshop for Turkish Teachers-“ Colorful Chemistry “, 8-9 May, 2019. Eskishehir, Turkey.
- Workshop for Georgian Teachers-“The Chemistry from kitchen”, 18 January, 2019. Exsperimentorium,Tbilis.
- International Congress “Environmental Studies” ; „Water in Didactic“. 17-21 December, 2018, Afyon, Turkey.
- Workshop for Turkish Teachers-“The Chemistry from kitchen”, 19-20 December, 2018. Eskishehir, Turkey.
- The author of scenario of scientific-popular performance “Storm of chemical elements”. The performance performed in scope of Ilia State University “Science Picnic”. 2018. 09.29.
- Public lecture in scope of Ilia State University STEM Academy. 2018.4.07.
- Invited speaker and jury member at school student conference-“Think like proton-2018”. Kaspy, 2018. O6. https://www.facebook.com/thinklikeaproton2018/
- Journal Tchê Química -Member of the scientific board; From 2017, June. http://www.journal.tchequimica.com
- Scientiae 2017. April. Padova University, Italy. The history of the development of chemistry and pharmacy in early and middle ages Georgia and its impact for Didactics of Chemistry
- Water is Life-5th Summer School of the Prof. Dr. Fuat Sezgin Research Foundation for the History of Science, Istanbul Istanbul, Turkey, 2017,17-21 May , Water in the representation of some alchemists and in the middle ages of Georgia.
- Was awarded with special medal of Scientific Academy of Moldova and chemical society of Moldova. Moldova, Chisinau, 2017, Mart.
- The 6th International Conference –Ecological and Environmental Chemistry. Moldova, Chisinau, 2017, Mart. Ecological chemistry through popular scientific articles.
- History of Science, Seminar, Bilim Tarihi seminer 01_Istanbul Medeniyet Universitesi Istanbul, Turkey, 2016. December The Overview of Chemical and Pharmaceutical knowledge in Georgia.
- K. Kupatadze, B. Kiziloz, G.Begadze. 2015 . TEACHING NATURAL TREATMENT SYSTEMS TO INCREASING ITS POPULARITY ; Fisrt International Scientific Conference on « Sustainable Solutions to Wastewater Management Maximizing the Impact of Territorial Co-operations«, 19-21 June, 2015 Kavala, Greece.
- K.Kupatadze, 2014 ;2015. “Chemistry Tomorrow” ; History of Chemistry in service of Chemistry teaching; Invited Speaker (Invited speaker) ; Georgia, Tbilisi, Technical University.
- K.Kupatadze, 2014. A BLACK SEA NETWORK PROMOTING THE INTEGRATED NATURAL WASTEWATER TREATMENT SYSTEMS. Workshop. The Legislative Framework and Present Status on Wastewater Treatment in the Black Sea Basin ; Yerevan, Armenia ;
- K.Kupatadze, 2013. 24th International Congress of History of Science, Technology and Medicine http://www.ichstm2013.com/index.html
- The history of chemistry in the service of chemistry education http://www.ichstm2013.com/programme/guide/p/0259.html
- K.Kupatadze, 2012. “Information Technologies in Service of Chemistry Teaching”, ICCECRICE 2012, Rome, Italy.
- A.Hofstein, M.Stuckey, I.Eilks, K.Kupatadze, 2012. “The laboratory between guided inquiry and open experimentationStudents”, Active Learning in Science-Final International Conference, Tbilisi, Georgia.
- M. Kapanadze; K.Kupatadze;2011. Student Active Learning in Science (Tempus project). Berlin Free University.
- k.kupatadze, M.Gverdtsiteli. 2011. Investigation of Gakhokidze’s rearrangement. International conference. Tbilisi. Iv.javakhishvili Tbilisi State University.
- K.Kupatadze;2010. The Lesson of Organic Chemistry Carried Out on the Basis of Educational – Computer Program. The Result-Motivated Pupil. SITE 2010–Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference. San-Diego,USA.
- K.Kupatadze; 2009. Virtual chemistry. E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education. Canada.
- K.Kupatadze; N. Lekishvili. 2006. “Functional synthetic materials and organosilicon covers based on epoxy and mathacrylic oligomers and water glass”. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University Sientific conference “Old materials and Technologies ». p.55-57.
- .K.Kupatadze; N. Lekishvili. 2005. “The polymer matherials with specic properties on the basis of corbofunctional silicoorganic polymers”.I. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University. VI Republic Scientific Conference of yung Chemists of Georgia. Abstracts of Papers.
- .K.Kupatadze. 2005 “The testing of the knowledge in the regime of distance teaching”; ”.I. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University. VI Republic Scientific Conference of young Chemists of Georgia. Abstracts of Papers.
• Black Sea cross border cooperation ; A Black Sea network promoting integrated natural WAStewater Treatment systEms – WASTEnet ; Coordinator in Georgia. 2013-2015.
• Student Active Learning in Science. Tempus. 2011-2012.
• Popular lectures around Georgian schools. GNSF. 2010.
• Realization of Obviousness Principle in the Process of teaching Chemistry (Synthesis of virtual Programs according Chemistry Course of Basic Schoosl)- Project Manager/ Research Director/ Methodologist. Rustaveli Fondation. #007-08 (2008-2009)
• Reading and writing for development critical thinking; Open Society-Georgia. trainer. 1999-2001
• The influence of breathing points on the condition of blood vessels. Scientific-works ; 1998 ; Ministry of health of Georgia;