School of Natural Sciences and Engineering, Associate Professor of Astronomy
Abastumani Observatory Astrophysical Consultant
Giorgi Ramishvili graduated from Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics majoring in Astronomy in 1988, graduated from Academy of Sciences of Georgia Postgraduate Studies at the Abastumani Astrophysical Observatory in 1992. In 2005, he defended his thesis on “The possible connections between astronomical events and earthquakes.” At different times cooperated with universities and research institutions:
University of Malaga (Spain, 1998-2001)
Earthquake precursors and triggering factors: Monograph / Manana Kachakhidze Nino Kachakhidze, Giorgi Ramishvili, Vasil Khukhianidze; Ed. Zurab Khvedelidze Georgian University of St. Andrew the First, E. Kharadze Abastumani Astrophysical Observatory. Tbilisi, “Universali”, 2014. 147 pp.
• Astronomy, observation means and methods (1/2). Spring semester of 2009-2013 and Fall semester of 2013-2015 academic years.
Has participated in the review and discussion of the alternative training manuals since 1997, as a board member of the physics and astronomy committee of the Ministry of Education as of the teaching of has participated
Simultaneously, was co-author of the following study programmes along with S. Sabashvili (1998-2003):
• State educational standard for astronomy;
• Teaching minimum astronomy;
• Astronomy Research Programme for VII-IX classes;
• Astronomy Research Programme Nature profile for X-XII classes;
• Astronomy Research Programme Humanities profile for X-XII classes.
During 1998-2004, he was a member of the commission of the pupils astronomical Olympiads; Also is winner of the “Scientific and popular lectures of 2010” competition.