Davit Maisuradze is an Associate Professor and a Director of the Centre for Corporate and Commercial Law at the Ilia State University, School of Law. He is an LLM graduate of the University of California, Davis, Martin Luther King Jr. School of Law, 2009, and received his Ph.D. from Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University in 2015.
Davit has 8 years of lecturing experience and lectures courses in Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Governance and Securities Regulation for 8 years at various Universities in Georgia. At the same time he is a practicing lawyer and has a 5 years of working experience as a manager in Public and Private Spheres. In 2010-2013 Davit was working at the Ministry of Justice of Georgia. From 2012 to 2013, he was the Director of the LEPL Center for Crime Prevention at the Ministry of Justice of Georgia. In 2014-2016 Davit was the Open Governance Direction Lead and the Parliamentary Secretary at the Institute for Development of Freedom of Information (IDFI).
Davit has published several scientific articles. Currently, Davit is leading two research projects at Ilia State University – that aim to study investment protection mechanisms and corporate governance models in state owned enterprises.
Scientific interests / research interests
- “Elucidation of the Business Judgment Rule”, Journal of Law, #1-2, Tbilisi University Press, 2010, Tbilisi, Georgia; https://tsu.ge/data/file_db/faculty-law-public/Sam%20Jurn%20N1-2%202010.pdf
- “Systemic-Comparative Analysis of Hybrid-Type Companies (Comparative-Legal Study Predominantly on the Example of Delaware and Georgian Corporate Law)”, Journal of Law, #2, Tbilisi University Press, 2012, Tbilisi, Georgia; https://tsu.ge/data/file_db/faculty-law public/Journal%20of%20Law%20_English_%20_2,%202012.pdf
- “The Implementation of Defensive Measures Based on “Selective Equal Treatment” of Shareholders (Comparative-Legal Study Predominantly on the Example of Delaware and Georgian Corporate Law)”, Journal of Law, #1, Tbilisi University Press, 2014, Tbilisi, Georgia; https://tsu.ge/data/file_db/LAW%20PR/2014%201.pdf
- Implementation of Additional Rights of Shareholders (Poison Pills) as Defensive Measures within the Scopes of the Best Interests of the Corporation (Critical Analysis), Journal of Law, #1, Tbilisi State University Press, 2017, Tbilisi, Georgia; https://www.tsu.ge/data/file_db/faculty-law-public/TSU%20Journal%20of%20Law2017-1.pdf
- “Corporation Law (Collection I)”, Nikoloz Gulashvili, Davit Maisuradze, Giorgi Makharoblishvili, Salome Robakidze, Akaki Qiria, Editor-in-Chief Irakli Burduli, Publishing “Meridiani”, 2011, Tbilisi, Georgia
- “The Implementation of Defensive Measures during the Reorganization of Capital Entity (Comparative-Legal Study Predominantly on the Example of Delaware and Georgian Corporate Law)”, Publishing “Meridiani”, 2015, Tbilisi Georgia
- State Shareholding Enterprise in Georgia, Davit Maisuradze, Ownership and the Legal Stability: Transforming the Concept of Ownership, Scientific Editor: Tamar Zarandia, Tbilisi State University Press, 2016, Tbilisi, Georgia
An extensive list of publications
- Local Government Participation in the Open Government Partnership (OGP), Davit Maisuradze, Tamar Nadibaidze, IDFI, 2016, Tbilisi, Georgia;https://idfi.ge/en/research-recommendations-of-idfi-on-ogp-local-governments
- Anti-Corruption Strategies for Local Government (Overview of the International Practice), Tamar Nadibaidze, Davit Maisuradze, IDFI, 2016, Tbilisi, Georgia https://idfi.ge/en/recommendations-for-local-governments-for-anticorruption-strategies
- The Effects of the Constitutional Court Ruling of October 28, 2015 on the Freedom Charter of Georgia, Davit Maisuradze, IDFI, 2015, Tbilisi, Georgia;https://idfi.ge/en/what-impact-will-the-decision-of-the-constitutional-court-have-on-the-future-of-the-charter-of-freedom
- Issues of Open Parliament in OGP Member Countries, Giorgi Khishtovani, Davit Maisuradze, Natia Jiniuzashvili, IDFI, 2015, Tbilisi, Georgia; https://idfi.ge/en/issues-of-open-parliament-in-ogp-member-countries