Davit Aprasidze graduated from Ivane Javakhishvili State University Faculty of International Law and International Relations in 1998. Received his PhD degree in political science from the University of Hamburg in Germany in 2003. At different times, was Dean of School of Arts and Sciences and Dean of school of graduate and doctoral programmes. Has worked at Georgian Public Broadcaster, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Internal Affairs. Additionally, has experience of working in non-governmental organizations. Is consultant to the regional office of the Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation. Was awarded Fulbright scholarship to conduct research at Duke University, North Carolina, US in 2009-2010. Was a research fellow at the Institute for Peace Studies and Security Policy, Hamburg, Germany during 2000-2004.
Scientific interests / research interests
- post-Soviet transformation
- political institutions
- foreign policy decision making
- Country Report Georgia 2012, Freedom House: Nations in Transit 2012: 219-237.
- Guns and Roses: Huntington’s Secret Admirer in the Caucasus, (with D. Siroky), Democratization 2011; 18(6): 1227-1245.
- Country Report Georgia 2011, Freedom House: Nations in Transit 2011: 219-238.
- Country Report Georgia 2010, Freedom House: Nations in Transit 2010: 211-230.
- Die Außen- und Sicherheitspolitik Georgiens: Zur Rolle kleiner und schwacher Staaten in der neuen europäischen Friedensordnung, Nomos Verlag, Baden-Baden 2003.
An extensive list of publications
Scientific Editor of Georgian translations of the following publications (published by Ilia State University Press):
- Bruce W. Jentleson, American Foreign Policy: The Dynamics of Choice in the 21st Century, 5th Fifth Edition, W.W. Norton & Company 2014. (Georgian publication in 2015).
- Janet Buttolph Johnson, H.T. Reynolds with Jason D. Mycoff, Political Science Research Methods, 6th Edition, CQ Press SAGE, 2008. (Georgian publication in 2013).
- Robert J. Art and Robert Jervis, International Politics: Enduring Concepts and Contemporary Issues, 10th Edition, Pearson Education, Longman 2011(Georgian publication in 2011).
- Thomas M. Magstadt, Understanding Politics: Ideas, Institutions, and Issues, 6th Edition, Wadsworth Cengage Learning 2003 (Georgian publication in 2010).