In 1977 he graduated from I. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University. In 1984 he defended his thesis of Candidate of Sciences of Physics and Mathematics. In 1998 he defended his thesis of Doctor of Sciences and was awarded the degree of Doctor Sciences of Physics and Mathematics, and in 2004 – the title of professor. He is a professor at Ilia State University since 2006.
Scientific interests / research interests
- Elasticity and thermoelasticity, Mechanics of Solids, Mechanics of Porous Media, Biomechanics, Micro- and Nanomechanics, Continuum Mechanics,
- Waves and Vibrations in Solids, Theory of Mixtures, Boundary Integral Equations, Mathematical Physics, Differential and Integral Equations
Membership of Professional Societies
- New York Academy of Sciences (1995 – present).
- American Mathematical Society (1999 – present).
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (2015 – present).
- GAMM (Gesellschaft für Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik, International Society of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics) (1996 – present).
- European Mechanics Society (2009 – present).
- European Society of Biomechanics (2006 – present).
- SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics) (2006 – present).
- International Society of Porous Media (2012 – present).
Member of Editorial Board of the International Scientific Journals
- Le Matematiche, Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Associate Editor (2009-2016).
- Trends in Applied Sciences Research (New York, USA) (2007 – 2010).
- University of Salerno, Italy (February 2014, April 2013, July 2012, March 2009, July 2005, February-March 2005, December 2004).
- University of Catania, Italy (July 2012, July, February 2010, July, February 2009, June 2008, June, March 2005).
- University of Napoli, Italy (March 2011, February 2008, July 2004).
- Technical University of Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain (October 2006).
- University of Essen, Germany (November 2000).
- University Konstanz, Germany (October 2000).
1. Grant of Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation:
- Investigation of problems of the mathematical theories of multiporosity materials, # FR/18/5-102/14, May 2015 – May 2017.
- Investigation of the problems of the theories of elasticity and thermoelasticity for solids with microstructure, # GNSF/ST08/3-388, March 2009 – February 2012.
- Investigation of the problems of the theory of elasticity and thermoelasticity for binary mixtures, # GNSF/ST06/3-033, October 2006 –September 2009.
- Travel Grant, 2007, 2013.
2. Grant of University Napoli, 2004.
3. DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) Stipendium, RWTH Aachen, Germany, 1995.
Biography is included in the book:
Who’s Who in the World, 2006 (23rd Edition, November, 2005, Marquis Who’s Who LLC, USA).
Reviewer of International Scientific Journals:
He is a reviewer of 28 international scientific journals.
Participation იn International Scientific Events
He is a participant of 17 international congresses and 49 international conferences.
Publications, citations and indexes:
He has 175 publications (3 books, 1 textbook, 94 scientific article and 77 conference theses) and 1288 citations with h-index 22 and i10-index 38 (14 February, 2018).